What kind of topic about Japan are you looking for?
sushi tempura ramen

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Zaru-Udon


Zaru-Udon


This is Zaru-Udon. As I explained briefly about udon noodle, but this is the cold Udon.

Since it's getting warm in Japan, I can't eat hot dishes on lunch.

I don't know if it's popular in Tokyo in sunner season in Japan, but it's my favorite lunch on summer.

Maybe Zaru-soba is popular in Tokyo but I don't know good Soba restaurant near my home...

Note: Zaru means like a basket in English. To make noodles very cold, Chef put noodles into cold water with a lot of ice and quickly serves on the basket. So customer can eat very cold noodles and without water(because unuseful water drop down from the hole of basket).



For more info, go to http://www.dietmodificationsinjapan.com

No comments: