What kind of topic about Japan are you looking for?
sushi tempura ramen

Monday, August 20, 2007

Yakitori-Don


\yakitori- Don


Well I didn't update blog for a week due to trip of Obon, but I restart blogging from today.

This is Yakitori Don famous in Japan.

Have you ever tried Yakitori?

Yaki means grill or stirfry, Tori means Chicken, so Yakitori means grilld chiken simply. Usually how-to-grill is sticked and grilled on charcol fire.

I made it at home tonight, but I can't prepare charcol and stick. Therefore I used pan and no stick.

Just stirfry till chicken gets gold, and add sauce and stirfry them together for a couple of minutes.

Sauce is made of 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of sugar and 2 tablespoon of soy sauce and water.

Sweet and tasty sauce, one of traditional taste of Japan.

I'm not sure but I guess I like chicken more than beef and pork now :D

I love the texture of chicken thigh :p