What kind of topic about Japan are you looking for?
sushi tempura ramen

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Chikuwa tempura


Chikuwa Tempura


It's one of my favorite tempura. Sorry I did tempura again..

I think most people like prawn tempura best. And Japanese also likes prawn, squid, or and fishes tempura.

I don't think Chikuwa tempura is not popular in Tokyo or other east side in Japan.

Oh, I should explain what is chikuwa first of all.

please see here. I can't explain well with my poor English skills.

When my mum cook Chikuwa tempura, she add seaweed or curry powder into tempura coating.

I think this way is original of my mum and I was used to eat it in boyhood still now.

Probably none of you foreigners have never tried this.

If you can buy chikuwa in your hometown, why don't you try?



For more info, go to http://www.dietmodificationsinjapan.com